środa, 8 października 2014

Monday Night RAW 6 October 2014

Every time it comes to talking or writing about that happened in wrestling I always have to make a decision, should I talk about from my perspective or should I try to be as objective as possible. If you read anything I posted here or know me from earlier, you know going fully objective is virtually impossible for me. It is almost impossible, especially when confronted with such a shallow, short-sighted, planning as we currently have. So, yeah, I will do my best, which may or may not be good, just saying.

 

So we start of RAW as usual, with someone from Authority in the ring, this time it was Rollins. He went of on a tangent how you don't make fun of him, you don't disrespect him and how those who do end up, which was followed with appropriate video. At the end he says that everyone wants a piece of him and he loves it, cause that means, he is in the center of attention. After that we have John Cena running to the ring attacking Rollins and him running away through the crowd, where he's confronted by Dean Ambrose, who beats on Seth as well. He runs away and out comes Steph and Triple H. They say that if Ambrose and Cena want a piece of Rollins so badly, they will get it in the main event which will be... A handicap tag team match 3 vs 2 in Ambrose and Cena vs Rollins, Orton and Kane. There will be a follow up to this down the line with Ambrose that has trust issues after Cena left him alone in a tag team match on Smackdown last week. He gets into John's face about it, and gets an answer that he would've done the same, so they are in the clear. Dean claims that it is true and that he doesn't give a crap about Cena and could take on the Authority alone. They have a stare down and Ambrose leave saying he is hungry and is going to Coney Island. Which of course means he will come back later to help Cena, which he does. During the match Dean comes out with a hot-dog cart and gets involved. After everything settles down, Steph and Triple H announce that at the PPV there will be a match in a cage between Cena and Ambrose and the winner of that gets a match with Rollins. Ambrose gives Cena a DDT and we end the show.

 

I decided to include the part from later in the show, cause it actually plays better when you look at it together, and not as two disjointed events. Personally I would've done it like this anyways, with the Cena-Ambrose segment happening right after the main event announcement. I always had a problem when the company was booking a heel, any heel, as a cowardly, pussy bad guy, who always has to hide behind somebody. I really hate it, especially when I know for a fact, that the person in question is good enough to carry on a better program. The main problem with that is that there eventually comes a time when that person has to fight for himself. Now I have no doubts that long time wrestling fans know the story of Seth Rollins, how experienced he is. The issue here are the casual fans, the majority of the WWE viewership. I am afraid that when that time eventually comes, the crowd might not buy him as an actual competitor, as someone who is capable to carry on his own weight around. How that ends up we seen many times in history, the ones in charge see it as a fault of the wrestler and bury him to make room from someone else. Rollins deserves better, and in the foreseeable future, he will not a better chance to shine in WWE. Currently we are in a downtime, the big events are done and gone, the next big event is a couple months away, both Brian and Roman are out with an injury. This is the perfect moment for Ambrose and Rollins to make a mark and show they can draw audiences. Ambrose is definitely the brighter star out of the two and with the gimmick he is given, he has much more freedom over what to do, how to act and what to say. Seth on the other hand is just another cookie-cut, cowardly heel, who uses big words, threatens everyone around him and runs like a bitch when the going gets tough. There just isn't anything unique about him, and I blame the creative for that. This whole situation is setting up a singles match between Rollins and Ambrose and it will happen, but the question is what after that? There is a lot of possibilities and not a whole lot of positive ones. But about that I will post something when we will be closer to the PPV.

John Cena vs Seth Rollins, Randy Orton and Kane

The match was pointless and pointlessly obvious about what is going to happen. We all knew that a heel team will go for a beat-down getting a DQ loss, we all knew that Dean Ambrose will return and help Cena in the end and we all knew that Deam Ambrose will attack Cena after that announcement. It was needlessly pointless. The only good thing we got from that was Dean Ambrose actually having his character developed, which doesn't happen very often in WWE. 

The winner: John Cena by DQ

 

Dolph Ziggler and the Usos vs Cesaro and the Dust Brothers

I know I am enjoying these matches more then I should, but I just do. Everyone involved is just so much fun to watch. The match was full of action, nice wrestling, quick tags, commotion and most important part, it actually looked like the people involved had fun. I already commented more then once on the matches including those guys and I don't change my mind. And the triple superkick at the end was pure fan service. Regarding matches, this was the best we have seen in the episode, again... At the beginning of the show, again... Hmm... 

The winners: Dolph Ziggler and the Usos

 

Bo Dallas vs Mark Henry

Another match in the series and again Bo wins. I get it, Mark is old, he isn't as fast and strong as he used to be. But can someone tell me exactly why is this whole thing happening? Is it just to promote Bo? Cause if it is, it isn't working. Mark Herny has no pushing power in him, too many loses under his belt, him putting someone over is meaningless.

The winner: Bo Dallas

 

Brie Bella (with a hand tied behind her back) vs Summer Rae

Ok, ok! I get it! I really do, can we please don't hammer it anymore in? I get it, seriously! Nikki is trying to punish her sister in the way she was punished when Brie was not there, but Brie is showing Nikki that everything she couldn't do, she can and does. Brie wins with, literally, one hand tied behind her back. Can we already get to the Brie vs Nikki match? It's like a visit to the dentist, we know it has to happen, we all know it won't be pleasant, but we want to get over it as fast as possible.

The winner: Brie Bella

 

Jack Swagger vs Tyson Kidd

What can you say about this match other then "it's sad"? Now don't get me wrong, I am saying it is sad, cause both of these guys are good in-ring performers. I am saying it is sad, cause neither of them has a chance to really mean anything in the grander scale of things in WWE. Well, maybe Swagger could be a jobber for the stars, but WWE will never let him become too big. And Kidd... Yeah, someone more talented could probably write a book on how much he is wasted in WWE. This match was certainly worth watching.

The winner: Jack Swagger

 

El Torito vs Hornswoggle

When the crowd is chanting "This is stupid" and "We want divas" during your match, you are doing something wrong. I mean, we get an occasional "This is stupid" chant, but you have to seriously suck for the crowd to actually chant for divas. I will not be as harsh on this, cause it was meant to be a comedic match, it was meant to be dumb and you can't say it didn't do what it was going for. Me personally? I prefer different kind of entertainment, thank you very much.

The winner: El Torito

 

Paige and Alicia Fox vs Aj Lee and Emma

I was wondering for quite a bit what to say about this one. It's basically just another match to further out the situation between Paige and Aj Lee. The match itself was completely pointless and didn't bring anything. And apparently I wasn't the only one who thought so, since Aj just walked out on Emma. I really like women wrestling, but this, this is not women wrestling, this is some Z grade cinema that happens to feature women sometimes. In the end Emma is left alone and gets a Ram-Paige for the win.

The winner: Paige and Alicia Fox

 

Sheamus vs The Miz

I really like Sheamus. I really like Sheamus when he feels like he wants to try, when the match is about something, when his opponent is good. Those times make me really like Sheamus... This one was not one of them, sadly. We had the Miz, who absolutely doesn't do anything for me in the ring and we had Sheamus, who is great, when he feels like trying, and he didn't. The match wasn't terrible by no means, but it wasn't memorable either. And when the most recognition and appreciation from the fans is going towards Damian Mizdow, it really does say something about the set up.

The winner: The Miz

 

Of course it was not the only thing that happened. We had the absolutely pointless segment with guest hosts, which came to the ring with Adam Rose. Yeah, remember him? He was getting over and then faced the fate of Fandango, now getting a segment is the pinnacle of his career. But I guess it's still better then what happened with Zack Ryder. We also got a few minute interview with Roman Reigns, which turned out really bad. The interview was short, the monotone of Reigns was annoying and they didn't even really say anything. It came and went, for all the hype they tried to make for this? I am disappointed. They have showed us some Wyatt family videos as well and now I am actually getting interested, cause apparently it seems both Rowan and Harper are going to get something out of the Wyatt family split. And last, but not least, I saved myself the chance to talk about the Rock and Rusev segment. I left it not because I feel like it was something special, although it kind of was. I left it because it was an enjoyable moment and I wanted to end the review on a positive note, at least before the final thought. I'll start by saying that no, it most likely will not lead into a match with Rusev and the Rock. The Rock, as I read, had some other business and WWE was just lucky to get him there. And no, I don't think what he did hurt Rusev at all. While sure, getting your ass whooped by someone who isn't even part time sucks, but thanks to the "who" was it, it didn't matter. The Rock is a star, not only in wrestling, he elevated beyond the main event status. This was a special occasion and no one took it to heart, if anything, it helped Rusev. Without actually beating him in a match, the Rock beat Rusev, so no Rusev has more motivation to win and show he can win. Plus the rub of Rock never hurt anyone.

 

And here we are at the end. Over this episode was either lack luster, pointless or just meh. The tag match at the beginning was nice as was the later one with Jack and Tyson, but outside of that, it was a bore. Yeah, I get the reason behind the support for Ambrose and even I can admit that he can be amusing, but that's it. Brock Lesnar is still missing, this week we didn't even get Paul Heyman to tell us why his client, Brock Lesnar, was the best. I know this is the down time, but the time hasn't been so down in a long time. Randy Orton and Kane are there just to be there now. We literally have 2 weeks, I think, till PPV and it feels like nothing is going on. If this week won't bring any movement then the next one will be packed to set up every match. 

Rating: 4 out of 10 - if it comes up, you can watch it, but don't be afraid to jump channels, as there isn't really that much happening.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz