środa, 22 października 2014

Monday Night RAW 20 October 2014

With only few days left to Hell in a Cell PPV here's a few words about RAW. One thing certainly clear is that WWE is finally noticing how badly they fucked up with the build up to the event. We have only one storyline with a proper build and the second one kind of started. 

 

RAW started with Authority setting up the main events for HiaC and announcing that the John Cena vs Randy Orton will be a match for the number one contendership for the title that is currently gone missing. Another announcement is that in the main event of the episode we will get a handicap tag match Cena and Ambrose vs Kane, Orton and Rollins. Some people would say that it's a good thing, some would, but I won't. I see that as a problem and a big problem. I don't doubt the abilities of Rollins and Ambrose, and I am sure Orton and Cena will have a decent match as well, but if we basically see those matches every week on free TV... What exactly is the "hook" that should make me want to "want to" watch Hell in a Cell? We have seen confrontations between every person involved many times in recent weeks. As I said, there is no doubt in my mind there will be fun moments in those matches, but I have seen those matches, more or less, even more with the main event being done in a cage. Can WWE really bring something new to the table? I don't know. 

John Cena and Dean Ambrose vs Kane, Randy Orton and Seth Rollins

By now what else is there left to say? The ending of the match saw Orton take the win and Rollins curb stomping Randy after winning. It was a fun confrontation at times, quite enjoyable actually, but the only thing this established is that Randy Orton might go through a character change and somewhere along the way, we will get a confrontation with Seth Rollins. That also means WWE is desperate to find something for Seth to do, while Lesnar is just not there. They want people to not think about Brock Lesnar missing, but with each passing week they do a worse job at it, well, this time at least Heyman was present.

Winners: Kane, Randy Orton and Seth Rollins

 

Sheamus and The Usos vs The Miz and The Dust Brothers

How many time we will see this match? Don't get me wrong, I really like those confrontations, they have good action, nice work and everything... But which time was this? This time we got a win by Damien Sandow and a good reaction from the crowd to his persona. I would really like to write a whole paragraph about this, but I feel like I already had done this.

Winners: Damien Sandow and The Dust Brothers

 

AJ Lee vs Alicia Fox

Another page from a diary about the mediocre rivalry between AJ and Paige. It was just uninspired, nothing terrible, but virtually pointless. If this match wouldn't happen, we could further this story with a backstage segment and get the same, exact effect. I don't know, I just don't feel all of the hype Paige and AJ are getting. Where are those spectacular abilities everyone is talking about? I don't see them. It's a standard, standard WWE diva storyline. Alicia wins this one after a quarrel with Paige outside the ring, that turned out to be fake... Wooo...

Winner: Alicia Fox

 

Rusev vs Big E

This just made me laugh, but not because of the match I didn't care about. As I said before, I don't care about a dick tugging contest, therefore I don't give a single fuck about anything related to Rusev or Lana. The part that made me rolling with laughter was what happened after with a "soldier" jumping over the barricade and going into the ring. Rusev super-kicks the "soldier" and goes away. That makes Big Show mad and he comes down steaming and fuming and says 2 sentences I found hilarious:

There are some lines you do not cross. You do not disrespect the american soldier, ever!

That was just comedy gold, cause correct me if I am wrong, but it was WWE that wrote this segment, and it was WWE that told Rusev to do this, so... It was WWE that disrespected the american soldier and crossed, according to the Big Show, a line, you do not cross.  

Winner: Rusev

 

Brie Bella vs Summer Rae

Why are we being tormented with more of this atrocious Bella-Bella story? There is nothing left of value here, WWE. You threw everything away last week when you had Brie win over Nikki clean. Any point this had went away, there is literally NOTHING left here. Brie wins, while Nikki watches while trying to act.

Winner: Brie Bella

 

Cesaro vs Dolph Ziggler

I read spoilers from Smackdown, I know what this will lead to, but don't worry, I won't spoil anything. This was a very solid match and an unusual ending for WWE standards. Cesaro wins with a European Uppercut. Very good match, fun, action packed, great work from both sides. Match of the night hands down. 

Winner: Cesaro

 

 

And that is it, that is it for the last episode of the main show before the Hell in a Cell PPV... Give this a moment to sink in. I won't say a lot now, since I do plan on writing a piece later in the week with my predictions, where I will go into the ppv itself and what I think about everything related to it. This episode of RAW wasn't all that different from every episode we had in the past weeks. For a so called "go home" episode, I am not impressed, at all.

Overall: 3/10, if you have something else to see, watch the segment with Ambrose an a dummy and the Zilggler-Cesaro match. You can skip the rest.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz