środa, 17 grudnia 2014

Monday Night RAW 15 December 2014

I probably should write this in order, but somehow I am never able to do it. And right now I even don't want to do it. So as you all probably know, on the last episode of RAW we saw the return of the champion that is never there. Everyone was saying how it is great that the champion is never there, cause when he does appear it makes that episode that much special. Well fuck you "everyone", it does not. I heard after watching that there was some rumors saying Brock would be there, but I did not know anything about it and when it did happen I DID NOT think "Holy Shit! It's Brock, oh yeah, it was worth watching!". No, instead my mind drifted into a bit more trivial places. I started thinking "Oh, wow... They finally managed to get his ass from the couch" and "oooh, so that is how that title looks like now". And yes, I am admitting I completely forgot how the title looked like. 

So yes, I do have a problem with a part time champion, especially when the part timer in question doesn't care about wrestling. That is why people treat the Rock with SO MUCH more respect. He will show up on RAW even when he is just in the area, when he was the champion, he at least took some effort so the people could see the champion. And no, Paul Heyman is not enough to cover for the absence of Lesnar. Oh yeah, I went there, Heyman maybe used to be to the shit in his golden days, but due to moronic booking and overbooking WWE is doing all his value is completely lost. And if you're not down with that, it's not the best for business.

This episode was hosted by Chris Jericho and instead of actually using a very capable active performer, they wasted him in the starting segment by doing an almost thirty minute long segment dominated by Heyman, Rollins and Cena, then we had a little backstage piece with Fandango...away, there was a short "Highlight Reel" with Rusev, showing once again we... should... hate... him...? And then when Brock showed up and demolished Chris. Great use, bravo. Was it really beyond your little brains to have Jericho really go at it with Fandango? They have history together, the angle with the Slammy could help Fandango, but nope. It's better for business to throw Jericho for Lesnar to eat up. 

As you can probably see I am not exactly happy with what I saw.

 

Luke Harper and Big Show vs. Dolph Ziggler and Eric Rowan

What is there to say? Eric Rowan is getting pinned by Big Show, again. Just because Show is getting an angle with Roman Reigns. What is even more annoying is that when it cam to Roman's segment, Big Show came down got hit in the face and walked away. It's just a throaway angle to get Reigns back on track and it shows.

Winners: Luke Harper and Big Show

 

The Bella Twins vs. Alicia Fox and Natalya

A waste of talent in Natalya, still no explanation for a buddy-buddy reunion with the Bellas and Alicia, just to attach someone at all. No new contender for the Diva title, no interest in it. I'd call it a wasted 5 minutes, but I haven't check the time, so I can't really say how much time I wasted watching this.

Winners: Alicia Fox and Natalya

 

The New Day vs. Dust Brothers

It's hard to say who is in the worse shape when it comes to the standing with the company. The Dust Brothers are certainly during a de-push, but the New Day is getting very little positive reactions. I even heard chants "New Day sucks!" and they are supposed to be faces in this, right? When it comes to the match, it was nowhere near the capabilities of all involved, but as a match was harmless.

Winners: The New Day

 

Kane vs. Adam Rose

Kane appeared backstage, said Rose has a match with him and that's it. Kane wins the match and kick Bunny's ass. There's nothing else to say here.

Winner: Kane

 

Paul Heyman vs. Chris Jericho

I already ranted on this in the beginning. This is the point where Brock Lesnar showed up. And as I said, it wasn't surprising, it wasn't "must see", he just was there. But I already said it. What I do want to mention here is the pointless voting they made people go on. Ok, I get it, the WWE app is free and the vote doesn't cost anything. Sure, I get it, but if you are using the voting a a cheap ploy to keep your app relevant, then you better deliver, or don't promise people something they won't see either way. 

Winner: Match didn't happen

 

The Miz vs. Jimmy Uso

So they do sort of continue the story with Naomi, but I don't feel it. There is not enough Naomi in this, a few scenes backstage do not create interest. She should be out and next to the ring AND have backstage segments. That would create some tension and not how they are doing it. "I invite you to my talk show, but don't tell your husband", says the Miz on a TELEVISED program and right after that even commentators comment on it. I don't know how this plays out, but if they are going to play it like Jimmy didn't know about it, then I lost all hope.

Winner: Jimmy Uso

 

Seth Rollins vs. John Cena

So in the end Lesnar shows up, beat up Cena and Paul Heyman makes a pact with Rollins. Ok... So getting it straight... Lesnar "kills" Cena, who he has to face anyways, but leaves the guy who already attacked him once and still can attack him whenever he wants to, alone. Then Lesnar's manager makes a deal with the same guy... Oh yeah, that is one full proof plan, certainly geniuses worked on that. But let me ask you one thing, did you actually say it out loud? No, no reason, just asking.

Winner: Seth Rollins

 

 

Overall: 3 out 10 - For a fallout show, that was meant to keep the interest going from people that seen TLC this failed, on many levels. It didn't deliver on the guest host, and this time it was someone who could. It didn't deliver on the storylines, and on a show like this it should. We had as per usual some wasted potential and stupid decisions. And again, no, not having your champion on TV for months doesn't make it special, it makes it dumb.

 

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz