wtorek, 16 września 2014

Sin #8: Predictability

Everything in the current product is predictable to the core. Whatever happens we know how it will end. Some people were amazed at how the Shield disbanded, that is was so unexpected, so surprising. And I will only say, no, no it was not. I don’t remember exactly when that was, but last year, when I was still making a wrestling podcast with my friends, I said exactly that “Where can the shield go after they beat everyone? They have to end and it will most likely be done from the inside and I think it will be Rollins that goes the separate way”. The only thing that changed from what I was thinking back then is the roles the trio took. But other then that my prediction was spot on. And yes, I have that recorded and it is online somewhere among almost 100 episodes we did, so no, I am not just spewing bullshit.
Like I started, everything is so painfully predictable that it’s beginning to look like a joke. It reached a point where some guy on some website claims that he supposedly has insider source and tells you the outcomes of the matches. Well guess what, I can do that as well, with over 95% accuracy, does that mean I have my sources as well? No, I just use my brain and the knowledge I gained throughout the years of watching. But really, it doesn’t take 20 years of being a wrestling fan to know what, when and how will happen. All you need to do is watch closely and look at the possible outcomes.
And that is the problem, if people know what will happen, what is their incentive to keep being excited? For me that is quality of matches themselves, as luckily it still can be found here and there. But let’s be honest, having the same match over and over on my screen is not what I consider fun.
What? Everything has been done, so it’s natural “creative” is rehashing old ideas or being predictable with their plans? That’s bullshit. Not everything has been done and even if, there is always a way to put a new spin on old concepts to make them interesting, enjoyable and yes, even unpredictable. And yes, I know a thing or two that could be done, but hey, that’s not an information I will share publicly or for free.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz