wtorek, 16 września 2014

Sin #3: No respect for the wrestlers

So I turn on the TV/computer to watch some wrestling, why? Oh I don’t know why, maybe because it has been a huge part of my life for the past 23 years, I grew attached, I care. Is that so hard to understand? Well I can see every week that for you it is hard to understand. Unlike you, I do respect people in the ring, both men and women. Thanks to them my life is just a little less shitty for few hours a week. I don’t care if it is a good guy, bad guy, every person who steps between those ropes to perform deserves and gets all the respect in the world from me and I am sure not just from me.
But why you don’t do the same? Is it so hard to tell the commentators to actually care about what goes inside the ring? Are you seriously so dense, you think we will forget about Triple H’s huge nose from the top of the show? Those people work their asses off for you to stuff your wallets with hard cash, they earn the fucking right for attention when they are in the ring. Don’t talk about your guest hosts, don’t talk about what the “current management” did 2 hours ago. Why it matters? Because commentary is an integral part of every televised or recorded wrestling show. If the people we hear for majority of the transmission don’t care about the in-ring action, they create the image like it doesn’t matter, like what we see in the ring is just a piss break. Well guess fucking what! It’s those “small” matches that very often steal the show, it’s those small matches that people remember for the longest time. Need I remind you the classic WM3 match between Macho Man and Ricky Steamboat? Hulk Hogan was in the main event then, he defeated Andre the Giant, but it’s not that match that people remember the most.
The hardest working people in the business are those men and women you shove into the midcard hell and brush over them, treat them as filler. When it’s them that a lot of the times MAKE your show, MAKE people remember the experience. Bottom line is, get your heads out of your asses and give them some respect, they certainly earned it.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz